Share On Social Networks
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome claims an estimated 2, 500 babies every year. The researchers found that many SIDS are caused due to suffocation by extra accessories like pillow, blankets etc. The new parents should be aware of few safety measures while using baby bedding sets in cribs of their babies to avoid unfortunate incidences.
Having a baby new excited parents get a wonderful opportunity to shop for pretty baby items. First they think about creating a unique baby nursery which often begins with baby crib and crib bedding sets that mainly uplift the beauty of the room.
Before selecting the crib set, be sure about the material used, whether it is hypoallergenic or not. There are so many adorable crib bedding sets in the market that any one may get puzzled choosing from them. From theme based crib sets like hello kitty, John Deere, Winnie the pooh, ladybug to beautifully designed with attractive color combination Glenna jean, Cocalo etc. Other than these there are many sets especially for baby boys or girls. The sets include mainly bumper, comforter, bed sheet and dust ruffle.
Last week I accompanied my news reporter friend to a seminar organized by a Baby Care Organization. It was mainly on Baby-Safety. An estimated 2, 500 new born babies die every year. The researchers found that many SIDS are caused due to suffocation by extra accessories like pillow, blankets etc. Here I’m presenting the views of expert pediatricians about crib sets for new parents.
Five Safety Measures For Using Crib Set
Though co-sleeping with infant is convenient during those late night feedings for exhausted new moms, yet this convenience may sometimes be deadly. So the pediatricians recommend letting the new born sleep in crib bedding considering the following tips:
- Only the mattress and a fitted sheet should be in the crib. Make sure that the mattress pad and sheet fit the mattress tightly.
- Anything extra like pillow, dolls or extra sheets should not be kept beside new born to prevent from suffocation.
- Blanket or comforter should not be used to keep the baby warm; instead he/she can be dressed in warmer clothing. The new born can get smothered by its own blanket which may suffocate the baby.
- A ripped sheet should not be used. A small rip can get larger causing hazards to the baby. Baby’s hands or legs can get stuck into the rip. So either repair it or use new one.
- Keep the baby’s bed clean to avoid any rash on the tender skin of the infant.
Mrs. Cooper, one of the honorable guests spoke confidently -”Don’t get nervous! These tips will help you and save from any damage to your little angel. Enjoy your new experiences and share with your friends or close ones. The baby bedding sets need not to be too much expensive. If the selected bedding set does not have all the items, those can be added later. I have seen on line many standard cheap crib sets with affordable prices. But every body should be aware of the baby safety measures. You can visit www.cheapcribset.com to see many selected items. “
The seminar seemed to be informative and helpful to the new parents. They left their precious comments and requested for more seminars on baby safety.